Administration Building of the University of Saskatchewan after its construction
Front view of the Administration Building at the end of construction. Bio/historical note: Designed by Brown and Vallance, Montreal Architects, the College (later known as Administration) building was constructed between 1910-12 by Smith Bros. and Wilson general contractors. Originally a general purpose building, designed in the shape of a capital E, and built at a cost of $297,000.00, the corner stone was laid by Sir Wilfrid Laurier, Prime Minister of Canada, on 29 July 1910. The building was officially opened by Walter Scott, Premier of Saskatchewan on 1 May 1913.
University of Saskatchewan Library, University Archives and Special Collections
UASC photograph collection : A-26